Page 5 of 6
How to Get TWR's French / Swahili Service on the SES-5 Satellite Service?
Purchase a Digital satellite decoder . This is a free-to-air service
- Purchase a DVB-S2 and DVB-S compatibile decoder and satellite dish from a satellite installation dealer.
- Get your local satellite installer to install your dish and decoder. It is not easy to point it at the exact spot in the sky.
- You will need the following information
- Satellite is SES-5
- Postion in the sky: 5degrees East
- Frequency: 11919 Mhz
- Polarization: Horizontal
- Synbol Rate: 27500
- FEC: 3/4 (Some Decoders needs this as well)
- Once this information is enter correctly and the satellite dish is pointing at the right spot in the sky do a search to find all the Free to Air (FTA) stations
- Connect to your television and/or sound system.
- Follow steps below.