TWR Africa Satellite Radio Services
There are two options available
An English/Afrikaans/German service is on DStv channel 855 called TWR Africa.
And a English/French/ Swahili radio service is available on the SES-5 Direct to Home Satellite Service.
(the trick is to point it in extactly the right direction!! )
How to Get TWR Africa Satellite Radio Service on Audio Channel 855 on a DStv Decoder
DStv requires you to subscribe at least to it's minimum bouquet, the Easyview Bouquet in order to listen to TWR Africa. Once you have purchased, installed and activated your decoder you can tune into TWR.
There are many DStv Bouquet Options
DStv Easy View Package
This is the entry level package and includes over 20 TV channels, Plus there are over 40 audio channels and radio stations, including TWR Africa on Audio Channel 855. The cost is R 39.00 per month.
(This is available in South Africa only and subject to terms and conditions.)
This package enables you to receive over 45 TV Channels and radio channels, including TWR Africa. There is an monthly subscription fee of R 99.00.
DStv Family Includes M-Net Series and over 60 TV Channels. Priced is R 199.00 monthly subscriptionn, you will also have access to some DMX music and TWR Africa. Please see the DStv website for more details.
DStv Compact Bouquet
This option enables you to receive DStv's Compact Bouquet of television programmes and radio channels, including TWR channel 855. There is a monthly subscription fee of R 319.00 (Terms and conditions apply)
How to purchase a DStv Bouquet
- Purchase a decoder and a satellite dish installation from your local Satellite installer..
- Contact Multichoice and tell them which bouquet you wish to purchase. (See above)
- Pay Multichoice the relevant fee for set up, administration and technical support.
- Connect to your television and/or sound system. That's it!
*Prices subject to change.
How to tune to TWR Africa on DStv Audio Channel 855
Although there are several models of Digital Satellite Decoders out there, some are older than others, most contemporary Decoders tune in much the same way. Below are instructions on how to tune in to TWR's broadcasts using the remote that comes with the your Digital Satellite Decoder.
- 1. Press the "Function" button and then the audio button. ().
- 2. Press the numbers 8 5 5. TWR Africa is on Audio Channel 855
- 3. The name TWR will come up in the yellow channel display window.
What happens if TWR Africa doesn't appear on your tv screen?
Please follow the following instructions to find Trans World Radio on your DSTV decoder if you cannot find channel 855 on your DStv decoder or your decoder displays the message "Searching for Signal at ---mHz" or "E45 Searching for Signal at---MHz"..:
When this happens this is what you do:
- Press Menu on the remote control.
- Scroll to Organising Services and press OK.
- Scroll to Full Rescan and press OK twice.
If the decoder doesn't recover completely or if your decoder does not have the "Full Rescan" option, follow these steps:
- Press Menu on the remote control.
- Scroll to Advanced Options and press OK.
- Press OK on Change Dish Installation.
- Key in the numbers 9949.
- Scroll to Retune IRD and press OK.
Still have problems?
Contact your local DSTV service provider for further instructions.
How to Get TWR's French / Swahili Service on the SES-5 Satellite Service?
Purchase a Digital satellite decoder . This is a free-to-air service
- Purchase a DVB-S2 and DVB-S compatibile decoder and satellite dish from a satellite installation dealer.
- Get your local satellite installer to install your dish and decoder. It is not easy to point it at the exact spot in the sky.
- You will need the following information
- Satellite is SES-5
- Postion in the sky: 5degrees East
- Frequency: 11919 Mhz
- Polarization: Horizontal
- Synbol Rate: 27500
- FEC: 3/4 (Some Decoders needs this as well)
- Once this information is enter correctly and the satellite dish is pointing at the right spot in the sky do a search to find all the Free to Air (FTA) stations
- Connect to your television and/or sound system.
- Follow steps below.
TWR broadcasts to Sub-Sahara Africa in French, Swahili and English on the SES-5 Satellite FTA audio channel. To find audio channel on a Digital Satellite Decoder from the TV bouquet take your remote and follow the instructions below:
- Press the button or radio button. This will now change to show all the radio and audio channels.
- Press the (P+ or the up aroow) button to move up the audio channels.
- Press the (-P or the down arrow) button to move down the audio channels.
- The TV screen will display some information along the bottom of the screen.
- Press the red (i) button to find out more details on each audio channel.
- Stop when you come to the TWR radio channel. And that is it.